Developing the components of GlobalSoilMap.net in Oceania
— an intensive workshop in Bogor, Indonesia —
Bogor: 7 – 10 February 2011
The agenda consist of 3 main programs:
- Program A (Day 1 – 7th Feb 2011): General seminar, GlobalSoilMap concepts and introduction; Oceania Node launch.
- Program B (Day 2 – 8th Feb 2011): Business meeting – establishing the processes and activities of the Oceania node; demonstrations of the scientific basis
- Program C (Day 3 – 9th Feb 2011): Field Trip to observe soil variability in some Javan areas
- To assemble for the first time as a community of soil scientists responsible for initiating and implementing GlobalSoilMap.net in the Oceania region (see: www.globalsoilmap.net);
- To familiarise the Oceania soil science community with the concepts behind GlobalSoilMap.net and the process of implementing the new soil information grid;
- To connect Oceania node members with members of the neighbouring East Asian node and establish links and shared practices;
- To launch the Oceania node of GlobalSoilMap.net;
- To discuss governance, finance and business arrangements supporting the Oceania node; and
- To provide field context for the Oceania node with a visit to key sites on Java.
The pictures captured during Global Soil Map workshop in Bogor Indonesia has uploaded in http://bbsdlp.litbang.deptan.go.id/gsm2011
Join group in facebook: GlobalSoilMap.net Oceania node – Indonesia