The International Society for Horticultural Science – in short ISHS – has over 7,000 Individual Members from all over the world, a substantial number of Institutional Members and some 50 Member States/Countries. It is a major source of up-to-date information on global horticultural research. ISHS aims to promote research in all branches of horticulture. It encourages the development of international co-operation, bringing together scientific and technical professionals to stimulate, facilitate and co-ordinate research and scientific activities on a global scale.
The aim of the ISHS is “…to promote and encourage research and education in all branches of horticultural science and to facilitate cooperation and knowledge transfer on a global scale through its symposia and congresses, publications and scientific structure.” Membership is open to all interested researchers, educators, students and horticultural industry professionals.
Pubhort is a service of the International Society for Horticultural Science as part of its mission to promote and to encourage research in all branches of horticulture, and to efficiently transfer knowledge on a global scale. The PubHort platform aims to provide opportunities not only to ISHS publications but also to other important series of related societies and organisations. The ISHS and its partners welcome their members to use this valuable tool and invite others to share their commitment to our profession. The PubHort eLibrary portal contains over 62,000 downloadable full text scientific articles in pdf format.
A series of scientific – technical publications, mainly devoted to the proceedings of the ISHS Symposia and the ISHS International Horticultural Congress covering the whole range of horticultural sciences. Since 1964 Acta Horticulturae has grown into one of the leading series in horticultural science with tens of thousands of researchers all over the world using this resource to stay in touch with advances in their profession. Acta Horticulturae volumes available in both electronic format (ActaHort CD-rom) and hardcopy as well as pay-per-view article downloads. Acta Horticulturae is indexed in all major databases including AGRICOLA and CABabstracts and is the flagship serial publication of the International Society for Horticultural Science.
Most recent books:
- Section Pome and Stone Fruits
- Section Nuts and Mediterranean Climate Fruits
- Section Vine and Berry Fruits
- Section Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Section Tropical and Subtropical Fruits
- Section Ornamental Plants
- Section Vegetables
- Section Root and Tuber Crops
- Section Citrus
- Section Banana and Plantain
- Commission Molecular Biology and In Vitro Culture
- Commission Economics and Management
- Commission Education, Research Training and Consultancy
- Commission Horticultural Engineering
- Commission Nomenclature and Cultivar Registration
- Commission Protected Cultivation
- Commission Quality and Postharvest Horticulture
- Commission Plant Protection
- Commission Plant Substrates and Soilless Culture
- Commission Landscape and Urban Horticulture
- Commission Plant Genetic Resources
- Commission Irrigation and Plant Water Relations
- Commission Sustainability through Integrated and Organic Horticulture
- Commission Fruits and Vegetables and Health